Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Michael Miller MQG Challenge

Well, I've started the challenge. I had no idea where to go with these fabrics, so I made wonky log cabins at our last Sew Day. I may have blatantly ripped off this idea from a guild buddy. I really love this fabric collection. Fun, citrus-y colors and plenty of orange. I took a peak at the finished projects on the Modern Quilt Guild's website. Creativity galore! The Orlando Modern Quilt Guild gals did a great job as well. I have 20 days to meet the deadline, but if I miss it, no biggie.


Got a little bug and decided I wanted to own toy sewing machines. I know. Here's the first little one I acquired. Isn't it sweet? It really works too! That is if I could see to thread the needle. These silly little things are expensive. I may already be over this bug. Maybe. That's my siggy block for V. It only measures 3.5" square, so you can see how small this 1970s Little Gem sewing machine is.

I grilled some King Crab legs. I'll grill anything, won't I? They're slathered in a sauce of olive oil, butter, minced garlic, Old Bay seasoning and lime juice. Pretty darn good.

Hollywood and I went to the produce market and grocery store. She made me buy all the things she loves. I think she was hungry. When we got back we started boiled peanuts (that's a habanero pepper in them), and fried okra and green tomatoes. Then she wanted salad caprese and Chicken Parmesan. I tried this quickie recipe with spinach. Easy! I guess I should be happy Hollywood's favorite foods have graduated from blue box mac 'n cheese and cosmic brownies.

Our Marketing team meeting included imbibing hand crafted cocktails and happy hour snacks. Someone has to do it.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But it's true, to market something, you have to try it yourself. Maybe I should work for a travel agency, or quilt shop.









1 comment:

  1. Love those wonky log cabin blocks - the colors are fantastic. Cute dog! But she might stop smiling when she finds out Rita Hayworth wants her eyebrows back. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...