Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Food & Stash

I grilled a few lamp chops and served them with potato carrot mash, and salad. Red wine rounded out the meal.

Super Bowl day was filled with all kinds of bad for you foods. Queso fundito with chips to start...

Chicken wings. Duh. There were celery and carrot sticks just to get some veggies in people. Are they still healthy when you coat them in ranch dip?

But my favorite, grilled chicken livers. You marinate the livers in soy sauce and then grill them. They're finished with a drizzle of garlic lemon butter and parsley. Heaven. And all for me! No one else will eat them. Well, Bones will! The dog is my BFF when livers are around.

Our guild took a little field trip to a quilt shop in Trenton, Florida. Suwannde Valley Quilt Shoppe is darling. They have over 7,000 bolts of fabric to choose from. The staff is friendly and very helpful. There's even a bird who talks and makes sounds. He also bites. I did not get close enough to find out.
They had a vast selection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Kaffe has loaned them his quilts for their festival on March 21. I may have to go back to check those out.

Black and whites to add to my collection.

Cute old-timey Valentine's Day print and a repro in matching pink.

Fishies and frogs. The faces are what get me. Expressive animal faces. I may have a problem.

The cute little punch bowl cup turned pin cushion was too cute to leave there. I also picked up Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine. Lots of fun blocks to try out.

There's a cute cafe in the quilt shop that serves the best food and desserts. I had quiche and it was wonderful. There's also a stitch shop and antique shop next door. Very cute area. Small town, USA. I loved it. If you ever get the chance to visit Trenton, Florida, I'd highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...