Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Mono Block Printing

The second class I took at QuiltCon was Mono Block Printing with Lizzy House. I took a stamp making class with Lizzy at the last QuiltCon. She's so talented and inspiring. Here are some examples of her block prints on paper.

We did our block printing on fabric. Lizzy is so cute and enthusiastic. If you can ever catch one of her classes, I highly recommend it.

The process was messy, but fun. It's definitely a technique I would try again. The red ink on the acrylic was my printing pad. You lay down pieces of cut newsprint to make designs. You can do this over and over with multiple shapes and colors.

Here are some of the fabrics I printed. It was hard to get the inks as vibrant as I wanted, but I think different inks might produce darker results.

Doxie love!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...