Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Simply Saturday

I thought this Try The World food subscription service was kind of cool. My first box features foods from Argentina. I'm a sucker for home delivered items. Makes my day to get a package in the mail or on my front porch. I miss swapping when I received stuff all the time.

I also joined a spice blend of the month club. Too much time on my hands, obviously. That's really not the case, but I do tend to get easily distracted between projects at work.

Here's our guild's June block of the month. It was a fun one, even if I did mess up in the beginning. I love seeing all the blocks that everyone creates. Maybe I'll win this time!


The Inspector and I are proud parents of two college graduates! I was so happy they were able to graduate together. They both earned business degrees from UCF, my alma mater. So proud of these little boogers. I guess I can't call College Boy, College Boy any longer. Hollywood will always be Hollywood!

It's salad caprese time! My basil plant is thriving and the tomatoes are getting good. No one is happier about caprese than Miss. Hollywood. Buy stock in mozzarella.

I finished my jelly roll quilt top. Such an easy and fun pattern. I love how the white on the blocks create the look of sashing. It's time to gather some tops to send to the longarm quilter. I'm going to do the little quilts myself, but I need help on these larger ones.

TV is so boring over the summer. I did catch two good movies that are at RedBox. Gone Girl and Big Eyes. Now I'm cruising NetFlix for a fix. I highly recommend Grace & Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. I just started watching Between. I need some books on tape or fun shows/movies if you have any recommendations.

Have a happy weekend! I'm off to sew.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your kiddos' graduations!!! I've just about given up on TV...I usually just turn it on for background noise when I get tired of my music ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo congrats to Hollywood and Graduate Boy! I recently watched The 100 on Netflix streaming. Kind of futuristic Lord of the Flies but more interesting. Rectify is really good. It sounded too serious for me and I resisted watching it for ages, but ended up loving it. I decided to wait until there were more eps of Between before I watch that. I've heard The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is good, but haven't watched yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed a bunch of British crime dramas on Netflix - The Fall, Broadchurch, and Happy Valley.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...